What We're Already Doing To Make A Difference
THE FOLLOWING ARE ACTIONS ALREADY TAKEN BY US AND WE CONTINUE TO WORK TO MINIMISE OUR FOOTPRINT ON THE ENVIRONMENT
Single use plastic is a disaster for our environment, and we are actively eliminating it from our hotel. In the last 12 months we have found replacements for the following items of single-use plastic:
- Miniature toiletry bottles have been replaced with larger luxury refillable dispensers. This action alone reduced our single use plastic by a whooping 100,000 bottles per annum.
- Take away coffee cups and lids are now compostable
- Plastic drinking straws and cocktail stirrers are now made of metal and reusable
- Plastic water bottles are now glass and we have a chilled, filtered water station at our front door for our guest use
- Coasters are now leather and reusable
- Guest amenities such as toothbrushes, earbuds, shower hats, vanity kits are now either made with bamboo or a biodegradable material
- Bedroom plastic – linen/laundry bags, newspaper bags and guest carrier bags are no longer plastic and have been replaced by a natural material such as linen or paper
- We no longer use plastic pedal bin liners and have introduced a recycling bin to all guest rooms.
- We are partnered with Clean The World which assist us in recycling any toiletry waste and used bars of soap
- We use Green Energy – 100% Green Electricity and BioLPG as our primary fuel source
- Our cleaning products are supplied by Green Clean which means they are allergen free and chemical free cleaning products
- We have two Porsche designed electric car charging points for our guest use
- We off our Guests complimentary access to PressReader which is an online platform for newspapers and magazines from all over the world. This vastly reduced the paper waste at our hotel
- All of the hotel is operating on LED lighting which saves many tonnes of CO2 energy
- Cardboard packaging, glass, cans, used light bulbs and batteries are all returned to suppliers or collected for recycling. We are committed to further reducing waste to landfill
- Paper usage within the hotel is continually monitored in our efforts to reduce and reuse.
- We are proud members of Repak which is a not-for-profit packaging recycling scheme funded by contributors from over 3,000 member companies nationwide.
- Our team are active members of Killarney Tidy Towns, a voluntary community-based group that works to keep our town clean, tidy and sustainable.