A Sustainable Stay
Make Travel Eco Friendly
Killarney, the town in the park, is globally recognised for its wide open spaces, greenery, expansive lakes and fresh clean air. Given a destination so rich in natural beauty, it would be impermissible for us not to do our utmost to respect and protect our surrounding environment.
The team at The Ross are committed to creating a sustainable travel option for guests to enjoy. We want visitors to Killarney to feel confident that while staying at The Ross, we are taking all possible measures to make the experience as gentle on the environment as possible.
Play your part in protecting the planet, by choosing A Sustainable Stay, at The Ross. Spend two nights in the heart of Killarney Town. Park the car up (complimentary off-street parking with electric car points available across the road from the hotel) and take full advantage of our superb central location.
Stroll across the road and directly into 25,000 acres of National Parkland. Bike, hike, horse-ride, jaunt, amble, skate or jog your way around this amazing landscape. There really is something for everyone.
To maintain Eco Awareness, we can assist you with local bike rental, enabling you to enjoy and explore the surroundings in an environmentally friendly way.
As an extra perk we will gift you a sustainable water bottle, to take away with you, and we are happy to share that we have a chilled water filter system available to our guests at reception, meaning we can rule out single use plastic bottles.
While you are staying at The Ross, on A Sustainable Stay, we will be organising to have a tree planted in Ireland, on your behalf. You can sleep better knowing that you’ve made a small difference with big benefits to our environment.
We encourage our guests, who prefer to be even greener, to take the train. Killarney train station is only a 5 minutes stroll from our door, making this a hassle free and environmentally conscious travel option.
A Sustainable Package Includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- The Ross sustainable water bottles
- We will plant a tree, on your behalf to help off-set your carbon footprint
Tel: +353 64 66 31855
What Makes Us A Sustainable Option?
- Certified as Single Use Plastic Free by Green Hospitality Ireland.
- Miniature toiletry bottles have been replaced with larger luxury refillable dispensers. This action alone reduced our single use plastic by a whooping 100,000 bottles per annum.
- Compostable take-away cups.
- Metal or paper straws and stirrers.
- Water is bottled in glass, not plastic.
- We have a chilled, filtered water station at our front door.
- All bottled water, for drinking purposes, is filtered onsite and proceeds for water sales are donated annually to a local sustainable project.
- Guest amenities such as toothbrushes, earbuds, shower hats, vanity kits are either bamboo or a biodegradable material.
- Laundry bags, newspaper delivery bags and guest carrier bags are all a natural material such as linen or paper.
- No plastic bin liners are used and each guest room has a recycling bin.
- We are partnered with Clean The World who assist us in recycling all toiletry waste and used bars of soap.
- The Ross is powered by 100% Green Renewable Gas and Electricity, which is Carbon Neutral.
- Our cleaning products are supplied by Green Clean which means they are allergen and chemical free.
- Porsche designed electric car charging points for guest use are available at our sister hotel, The Killarney Park, just across the road.
- The entire hotel operates on LED lighting which saves many tonnes of CO2 energy.
- Cardboard packaging, glass, cans, used light bulbs and batteries are all recycle, we are committed to further reducing waste to landfill.
- Paper usage within the hotel is continually monitored in our efforts to reduce and reuse.
- We are proud members of Repak which is a not-for-profit packaging recycling scheme funded by contributors from over 3,000 member companies nationwide.
- Our team are active members of Killarney Tidy Towns, a voluntary community based group that works to keep our town clean, tidy and sustainable.
- The culinary team are committed to sourcing food from local producers and small artisan businesses in the locality.
- All Cigarette Waste is collected by an Irish Company – Nobutts.ie, which ensures that all plastic from used Cigarettes is Recycled.
The Green Sustainability Team at The Ross are always looking for ways to help reduce our carbon footprint and welcome any questions or suggestions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org