A History of The Ross
The Ross is steeped in history and an integral part of Killarney. The hotel has been part of the Treacy family since 1938, when Marie Treacy purchased the hotel from her Aunt Julia O’ Donoghue (née Scott) for whom she worked for a number of years at this landmark Killarney hotel.
Marie ran the hotel tirelessly and successfully for over four decades until her son Padraig joined the family business in the late 1970’s.
Padraig and his wife Janet took over the management of The Ross in 1983, and the hotel was fully refurbished into its chic, quirky boutique style status in 2006. In 2009 Padraig and Janet’s daughter Ciara joined the family business and runs the ship today alongside her colleague Eleanor O’Doherty who has been part of The Ross story since 1985.
Subsequently Padraig and Janet Treacy built a sister property the 5 star Killarney Park just across the road at East Avenue, which opened its doors in 1992.