Summer time… and the living really is easy! Killarney has a reputation that spans the globe, as a destination packed with outdoor activities, jaw-dropping scenery, friendly people and great craic.
Killarney is known fondly as “the town in the park” and The Ross is located right in the heart of this beautiful open space.
When you step out into the morning sunshine, you’re faced with endless options. Cross the road and you’ll find yourself at the gates of a 25,000 acre National Park, hook a right and you can follow your nose to some of the finest coffee roasteries or coolest little ice-cream parlors. We’re firm believers that you should hang the car keys up for at least one day and just go where your feet (or wheels, if scooting, skating or cycling is your thing) take you.
Killarney House is just across the road and offers an interesting interpretive center and entrance is free of charge. The surrounding gardens are perfect for a picnic or just to sit and watch the world go by. Throughout the park is an elaborate network of walking and cycle tracks, with signage showing various routes to explore.
Discover the ancient ruins of Ross Castle, skim stones across the lake, admire the grandeur of Muckross House and its perfectly manicured gardens, take a short boat trip to Innisfallen Island, enjoy a jaunting car ride along the lake edge or enjoy a picnic in the fresh outdoors… the list is endless.
The Ross has some fabulous offers for your summer staycation.
One Night Free: Book a Bed & Breakfast stay of 4 nights or more and we will gift you one of the nights free. Just enter your dates on our booking calendar, to check if they qualify for the offer, and you’ll notice the discount automatically showing in the total cost.
Killarney Summer Break: 2BB+1D Enjoy a two night break with breakfast each morning and dinner in The Lane on one evening. Take your time to explore the area, perhaps plan a little day trip to Dingle or explore the stunning Gap of Dunloe. We’ve listed some of our favorites below.
The Great Escape: 1BB+1D This one is ideal for anyone who is super busy during the summer and can only manage to steal a treasured night away. Head to The Ross and we’ll do our best to make it feel as if it was two nights.
Book 3 nights B&B and get 10% off: If you’re lucky enough to have a little longer to enjoy your Killarney Staycation, why not look at one of our added value stays. Just enter your dates and the discount will automatically appear if the dates qualify.
Our Team’s Hot Summer Tips:
- A sunrise walk in the National Park, catching the first golden rays of daylight
- An early morning or late evening horse ride through the park – slow paced and breath-taking
- The Gap of Dunloe, explore this ancient glacial valley by horse and cart, bike, foot… you choose – once you get to Lord Brandon’s cottage and enjoy a rest and some refreshments, you can hitch a ride back across the lakes with one of the friendly boatmen. They’ll fill your head with wonderful stories and drop you off on dry ground at Ross Castle.
- Glamming up and gathering with a handful of besties for early evening cocktails and a scrumptious dinner in The Lane, it’s the perfect recipe for a night of belly-giggles, story-telling, catching up and letting go. (and there’s no denying we all need a bit of that right now).
- A pre-breakfast swim in the stunning pool and a dip in the outdoor hot tub at The Killarney Park (our 5* big sister) … yes – it’s true, as a guest of The Ross, you have complimentary access to this secret hide out. Please note this is subject to availability as numbers are more limited for safety reasons.
- One of the National Parks more rewarding walks. Torc mountain is a fairly gentle hill climb with stunning views at the top or you can take on Ireland’s highest mountain and summit Carrantuohill. We’re happy to recommend some local guides.
- The dessert menu at The Lane and a great bottle of Natural Wine… you can’t beat a bit of down time after an energetic day. Then put it together with words like melted marshmallows, toasted fluff, toffee crunch, caramel pop-corn and rocky road…you get where we’re going with this! Me-time heaven!