Spring Time in Killarney
Two Nights with One Dinner
The colours are incredible as spring takes hold of Killarney. After a long and quiet winter, everything seems to burst into life and the smell of spring is in the air. Basing yourself in the heart of Killarney town makes life so very simple. Park the car up, put the comfy shoes on and explore to your hearts content.
Killarney is well known as being a town that has “something for everyone” and never has a truer word been spoken. Young families can explore the open park, while at the same time sticking close to the hotel, making a quick nip back to the room nice and easy.
The more adventurous might choose to do some hill walking, mountain climbing, kayaking, fishing, horse riding, cycling, scooting, jogging, boating… the list is endless. For the ones looking to wind down, a peaceful freshly ground coffee with the newspaper in one of the many artisan coffee shops in town and a little stroll around the shops might be quite enough.
Day trips are abundant. The Gap of Dunloe Day Trip never disappoints. A combination of some walking, a horse and cart ride through an ancient glacial valley, a simple bite to eat at an old fishing cottage and a boat trip across the lakes of Killarney, finishing up at the shores of the historic Ross Castle.
Dingle is well known across the globe. Dingle town is a quaint fishing village and the Dingle peninsula offers some of Ireland’s most breathtaking coastal cliff scenery. It’s easy to book a 1hr or 2hr boat trip around Dingle harbor and out into Dingle Bay or to take a boat trip onto the nearby Blasket Islands. The town is filled with amazing restaurants, literally collecting their seafood from the towns fishermen as they come into port.
Killarney is a perfect gateway to The Ring of Kerry. This is another world renowned coastal day trip that is well worth exploring. The scenery is amazing and many little towns are passed through, as you make your way around this circular route.
Killarney Spring Break Includes:
- Two nights accommodation in a Double or Twin Room
- Dinner on an evening of your choice
- Complimentary parking (just across the road at our sister hotel The Killarney Park)
- Amazing town centre location and only a stone’s throw from the entrance gates to the National Park.
Our team’s top tips for Spring visits:
- A dusk walk in the National Park, catching the last golden rays of daylight
- Sunrise on Torc Mountain
- An early morning horse ride through the park – slow paced and breath-taking
- Glamming up and spending some quality together time with someone special. Take the time to talk and laugh over some early evening cocktails and a scrumptious dinner in The Lane.
- A pre-breakfast swim in the stunning pool and a dip in the outdoor hot tub at The Killarney Park (our 5* big sister) … yes – it’s true, as a guest of The Ross, you have complimentary access to this secret little hide out.
- The dessert menu at The Lane and a good book… you can’t beat a bit of down time. Then put it together with words like melted marshmallows, toasted fluff, toffee crunch, caramel pop-corn and rocky road…you get where we’re going with this! Me-time heaven!