Wine List At Our Restaurant In Killarney
101. Sauvignon Blanc, Nelson, Rabbit Island, New Zealand 2017 12.5% gls €7.50 btl €30.00
A fruity, dry all-round crowd-pleaser, great and gluggable with food or without. Fill her up! Bangin’ wine from Down Under!
102. Chardonnay, Patriarche De Fils, Burgundy, France 2016 13% gls €7.50 btl €30.00
This is a soft, rounded wine with floral aromas and a line of citrusy acidity. Its light tang gives it a crisp aftertaste. A flirty little French number — you’ll be back for more.
103. Pinot Grigio, Forte Alto, Dolomiti, 2017 Italy 12% (sus) (v) gls €7.80 btl €30.00
With a bright straw yellow colour, this wine has delicate and fruity aromas and a palate that balances almond and stone fruit flavours.
Light & Fresh
104. Picpoul de Pinet, Domaine de Mirande, France 2017 13% (sus) btl €37.00
Come fall in love! Made with 100% Piquepoul Blanc, an ancient grape variety, this crisp, clean, fruity wine has a lovely nose of white flowers and fresh fruit.
Its aromas of green apple, citrus, pear and peach coupled with mineral and sea-influenced flavours.
105. Chenin Blanc, The Winery of Good Hope, South Africa 2017 12% (sus) btl €40.00
A lively, fruity, creamy and perfectly balanced dry Chenin Blanc, this is great value
wine, made using traditional methods with the local environment and community in mind.
It’s more than good grapes—it’s karma in a bottle
106. Petit Blanc du Clos Tue Boeuf, Loire Valley, France 2016 12.83% (org) (nat) btl €55.00
Introduced to The Ross by Ciara’s Aunty Carol living the dream in the rural south-west of France, the "little white" Petit Blanc (Sauvignon / Chardonnay) is made
from handpicked organically grown grapes, fermented with natural yeasts, and unoaked and unfiltered. This is pure vin de soif – refreshing and crisp with aromas
and flavours of stone fruits and citrus.
Rich & Luscious
107. Albarino , Pedra Da Aqua, Spain 2014 12.5% btl €38.00
A beautifully elegant style of wine, with pear and apricot. And hints of spring flowers. Dry with a lovely long flinty flavor.
108. Riesling, Joseph Cattin, Alsace, France 2016 12.5% btl €34.00
Soft citrus notes of clementine and fresh lemon, fruit-driven slender with an appetizing dry finish.
109. Catarratto, Ciello Bianco, Terra Siciliane, Italy 2017 12.5% (org)(nat) btl €35.00
Cloudy, funky and just a little bit wild. This place organic Italian number is light,
dry and loud. Embrace your inner teenager! A Ross fav!
110. Sancerre, Jean-Max Roger “Cuvee CM”, France 2016 12.5% btl €65.00
A structured white wine with richness and power, it shows fruity freshness and characteristic finesse on the palate.
111. Chablis, Chateau de Maligny, France 2015 12.5% btl €65.00
Chablis is a crisp clear wine. Fresh and light, its fruity aromas of lemon citrus follow through on the palate.
Pink and Orange
201. Rose D’Anjou, Loire Valley, France 2017 11% btl €30.00
Well balanced and intense red and black fruit aromas & raspberry.
202. Tutti i Giorni Antonio Camillio, Tuscany , 2017 12% (sus) btl €50.00
An ‘every day’ skin contact wine with understated tannins, aromas of peach and apricot all wrapped up in fresh mint and sage, made from the grape varieties
Trebbiano, Malvasia and Ansonica. An easy drinking everyday orange wine in a 1 litre bottle.
Champagne and Bubbles
202. Masottina, Prosecco Spumante DOCG gls €9 btl €45.00
203. Pannier Brut Minimum Age 3 years half btl €45 btl €80.00 rose €90
205. Moet and Chandon Brut Imperial N.V. €120 Rose €120
207. Veuve Cliquot NV €130
208. Ruinart Blanc de Blanc, 100% chardonnay €180.00
209. Dom Peringnon 2006 €400.00
301. Merlot, Domaine Fontareche France 2017 14% gls €7.50 btl €30.00
This wine had us at hello! Aromas of ripe cassis, purple violet colour with hints of spice, soft rounding tannins
302. Malbec, Santa Ana, Argentina, 2017 13% gls €7.50 btl €30.00
Lively ruby colour with the violet hues that typify this grape.
Plum and cherry characters predominate on both nose and palate. Medium-bodied, with supple tannins and a pleasantly soft finish.
303. Shiraz – Mourvedre, Percheron, Western Cape, SA 17/18 14.5% (sus) €8.50 €32.00
Blended with a hint of Viognier, this wine is dark, rich and brooding,
packed with warm, chocolate notes and a big heart!
Fruity & Juicy
307. Ink, Judith Beck Austria 2017 11.5% (bio) (nat) (v) btl €50.00
This is a light, fresh, and dynamic delicious blend of 80% Zweigelt and
20% St. Laurent Medium-bodied and juicy with a mineral finish, this biodynamic belter is great paired with food or without.
Judith the winemaker picks all of the fruit by hand and sorts the grapes in the vineyard so there is a lot of love put into this wine.
308. Pinot Noir, Pebble Dew, New Zealand, 2017 13.5% (sus) btl €65.00
Light and lively bursting with red fruit, strawberry, raspberry and dark cherry end in this classic New Zealand Pinot Noir that does everything you want it to.
Its sustainably made too so not just a pretty face!
309 . Lestonnat, Saint Emilion, Bordeaux, France, 2012 13% btl €56.00
A somewhat lighter structure, with a great aromatic pallet typical of a wine with a dominance of black fruits (eg black berries.) 80% Merlot & 20% Cabernet.
Big & Bold
310. Tinto, Marques de Borba, Alentejo, Portugal, 2016 14% btl €45.00
Deep red colour, black fruits and cassis aromas, medium bodied, soft tannins. Tasty blend!
311. Chateau Vieux Chevrol, Lalande de Pomerol, France 2014 13% btl €65.00
Coriander, thyme, black fruits, pepper and laurel. On the palate you get fig, blackberry, prune and caramel, black fruit compote and Virginia tobacco.
312. Chianti Rufina, Nipozzano Riserva, Frescobaldi, Italy 2016 13% btl €60.00
The nose is complex and intense with prevalent red fruit scents of bitter cherry, plum and raspberry. In the mouth the wine is warm, soft and significantly fresh. Incredibly full bodied.
313. Pinotage, Barista, Western Cape, South Africa 2017 14% btl €38.00
A wine bursting with intense, rich coffee and chocolate aromas with ripe nuances of mulberry, plum & Marashino cherries.
314. Vigneti Delle Dolomiti "Terre" di San Leonardo, Italy 2014 13% btl €62.00
This is a bright and brilliant ruby red with a cheerful personality and vibrant aroma of dark fruits, mountain herb, wild berry, dried tobacco and mint.
* All wines on the list contain sulphites
* Some vintages are subject to change
Good to know
(bio) = Biodynamic
(nat) = natural
(org) = certified organic
(sus) = sustainably grown
(v) = vegan
All our wines contain sulphites unless certified organic (org) and natural (nat) – these can contain natural sulphites.