A SUSTAINABLE STAY
Make Exploring Eco Friendly
Killarney, the town in the park, is globally recognised for its wide open spaces, greenery, expansive lakes and fresh clean air. Given a destination so rich in natural beauty, it would be impermissible for us not to do our utmost to respect and protect our surrounding environment.
The team at The Ross are committed to creating a sustainable travel option for guests to enjoy. We want visitors to Killarney to feel confident that while staying at The Ross, we are taking all possible measures to make the experience as gentle on the environment as possible.
Play your part in protecting the planet, by choosing A Sustainable Stay, at The Ross. Spend two nights in the heart of Killarney Town. Park the car up (complimentary off-street parking with electric car points available across the road from the hotel) and take full advantage of our superb central location.
Stroll across the road and directly into 25,000 acres of National Parkland. Bike, hike, horse-ride, jaunt, amble, skate or jog your way around this amazing landscape. There really is something for everyone.
To maintain Eco Awareness, we can assist you with local bike rental, enabling you to enjoy and explore the surroundings in an environmentally friendly way.
As an extra perk we will gift you a sustainable water bottle, to take away with you, and we are happy to share that we have a chilled water filter system available to our guests at reception, meaning we can rule out single use plastic bottles.
While you are staying at The Ross, on A Sustainable Stay, enjoy a €50 credit to be used in either of the two restaurants. If you are unable to use your credit – we will donate this amount to a local sustainability campaign on your behalf.
We encourage our guests, who prefer to be even greener, to take the train. Killarney train station is only a 5 minutes stroll from our door, making this a hassle free and environmentally conscious travel option.
A Sustainable Package Includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- The Ross sustainable water bottles
- €50 dining credit during your stay (which can also be donated to a local sustainability project)
- Complimentary access to The Health and Fitness Facilities and Pool at our five star sister hotel The Killarney Park (across the road)
Tel: +353 64 66 31855
What makes The Ross a sustainable hotel option?
- We are actively eliminating single use plastic from our hotel. In the last 12 months we have found replacements for the following items of single-use plastic
- Miniature toiletry bottles have been replaced with larger luxury refillable dispensers. This action alone reduced our single use plastic by a whooping 100,000 bottles per anum
- Take away coffee cups and lids are compostable
- Drinking straws and cocktail stirrers are paper
- All water bottles are glass and recyclable
- Guest amenities such as toothbrushes, earbuds, shower hats, vanity kits are made with bamboo or a biodegradable material
- We no longer use plastic pedal bin liners and have introduced a recycling bin to all guest rooms
- We are partnered with Clean The World which assist us in recycling any toiletry waste and used bars of soap
- We use Green Energy – 100% Green Electricity and BioLPG as our primary fuel source
- Our hot water and heating system is powered by The EscoPod – a prefabricated thermal energy centre that delivers hot water with massive energy and CO2 savings.
- Our cleaning products are supplied by Green Clean which means they are allergen free and chemical free cleaning products
- We have two Porsche designed electric car charging points for guest use at our sister hotel The Killarney Park. (across the road)
- The entire hotel operates on LED lighting, saving many tonnes of CO2 energy
- Cardboard packaging, glass, cans, used light bulbs and batteries are all returned to suppliers or collected for recycling. We are committed to further reducing waste to landfill
- Paper usage within the hotel is continually monitored in our efforts to reduce and reuse
- We are proud members of Repak, a not-for-profit packaging recycling scheme funded by contributors from over 3,000 member companies nationwide
- Our team are active members of Killarney Tidy Towns, a voluntary community based group, that works to keep our town clean, tidy and sustainable.
- As much as possible our culinary team source our food from local producers thereby reducing food miles (the distance that food must travel to get from farm to fork). Products such as meat, fresh fish, smoked fish, salads, eggs and cheeses are mostly from the locality. We also endeavour to purchase and support small artisan producers.